Saturday, April 28, 2018

Spring

Poetry form : Fold








Let Spring be my antidote for pain
from self-sacrificing terrorists with guns
who strike  and maim  and kill  again
My heart bleeds for all the lives we’ve lost
let empathy be my antidote for pain
May sight of flowers blooming of a morn
Reduce the images of all the families slain
As I feel the softness of clover underfoot
I’m  thinking counter measures seem in vain
May I cope with thoughts and not give way to fear
Let courage be my antidote for pain



Ellecee



Inspired from today's prompt from

imaginary garden with real toads

For

7 comments:

  1. Nicely folded, Ellecee! I like the variations on 'Let Spring be my antidote for pain'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond beautiful!💜 The pain ..the realization of loss.. mingled with hope for better days is so well portrayed. Especially like; "As I feel the softness of clover underfoot I’m thinking counter measures seem in vain."💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed LC. Yes indeed. Let Spring the season of rebirth be our balm in the face of violence and its accompaning tools.
    Good form

    Much🌼love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope we can all get into some sense of not causing pain... let's indulge in antidote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderfully folded piece of poetry. May your courage continue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anguished yet gentle. And no doubt each of those things would help . Yet, behind the hope, I seem to see despair. (Or perhaps that is my own, in the face of this problem.)

    ReplyDelete