Saturday, April 7, 2018

"The Hand of God"

(fair use)


Is it through
the eye within
“the hand of God”
that creativity is mastered?

Is it your egoism that declares
man, in his superiority creates
his own energy source?

Is it your claim that a believe in
God’s creations
is now left out of the equation?

Is it your successful artistry that
made you unique among artists?

In your milieu

If these are so, then why do you place
your eye within
his hand?

I don’t understand.


Ellecee



Inspired by today's prompt from

imaginary garden with real toads


For


10 comments:

  1. I like the boldness with which you address the artist - get him to explain his abstractions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness this is good!💜 I love how you approached this challenge. "If these are so, then why do you place your eye within his hand?" ..Powerfully penned!💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good, L.C. We often forget the "hand of God" in our equation. Forget that the gifts, talent, brains, and opportunities are all from Him.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, until I read this poem, I had not notived his eye was in the hand....very cool. I enjoyed your response to the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If these are so,
    then why do you place
    your eye within
    his hand?

    Very observant and a very thoughtful take, Ellecee!


    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I think even the artist doesn't know why he paints (creates) the composition the way he/she does. This image left me stumped- I focussed on the compass in this image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps we none of us understand – neither this art/artist nor God.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much in this world unexplained?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neither do I! A beautiful write.

    ReplyDelete