Thursday, April 5, 2018

Weather



Weather creates her

on rainy days she is washed clean
an old metaphor but true
she lifts her face into the rain drops
and hopes for salty sweet, not acid burn

on sunny days, she revels in the feel
of the warmth on her skin
sometime it bites but always delights
she can begin again

in cold weather she risks frostbite
for the privilege of the sharp sting
that tells her she's awake
and living still

in the mist she is lulled 
forced toward oblivion
drifting through moist space
centred in old tears

in the wind she wakes up
surprised by time passing
pushed into action
allowing change

weather creates her

blessed be all its forms
without them she could forget

how to be



Ellecee


Accepting the prompt from

imaginary garden with real toads

"So don't rain on my parade. Pen me a weather related poem."



7 comments:

  1. A mandala of weather to remind us to live fully. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way she is connected to, and interacts with, weather. I can see myself in this poem, responding to the changing weather. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every kknd of weather has its purpose. Even though we do not understand

    Much🌼love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you have covered the different aspects of weather. My favorites are "Sun" and the waking "Wind".
    BTW, your link at Mr. Linky does get folk here. Instead a site that doesn't work. When that happens to me I enter it again, like "Jim (corrected link)."
    Sorry to tell you so late, I've some projects that I've been working on.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are all built up from each part of the weather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fascinating insights, sweetly told.

    If you are wondering why so few comments, your link leads to "Sorry, this page is unavailable" – but I saw that I could click on "Home" and that led me straight here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you open this piece - weather creates her - and the ending -
    weather creates her

    blessed be all its forms
    without them she could forget

    how to be -
    stunning for the elegance - especially the word "forget" - that totally packs a wallop - opens doors to double back and rethink of the exploration of the seasons, as you've outlined them in your poem -
    very interesting - has a curious (in a good way) aspect I've enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete