Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Ah



Ah
is it youth who cannot
 dance so well with pain?
Where age says
"oh, hello to you again"

Ah
is it youth who feel
such passion and regret ?
Where age says
"oh, this affair I can forget"

Ah
is it youth who die
from wounds
with such finesse?
Where age says
"there is yet another chance
 for happiness" 

Ah
it is youth who have 
so many miles to go
While age says
"I anticipate the final blow"

Ah
it is youth who want each lesson
 to be clear
While age says
"you live again all that I 
 hold dear"

Ah
that youth would listen
closely 
as age may say
"You will surely live to
love
another day"




"ellecee"





Kerry Says
"I love the whole concept of describing
a lifetime by looking back over significant
years and events and the people who
influenced me and by looking forward to
anticipate what is still to come."

Day 12




2 comments:

  1. This is such a nice read, we usually speak of wanting to experience youth again..but sometimes it does in fact get better with age

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a mom of teenagers, and boy oh boy is this ever right! I think I need to print out a copy of this to have on hand for those intense moments when they are sure the world is over.

    ReplyDelete