Saturday, December 21, 2019

In my Imagination




In my imagination
the presence of you
sustains me
I feel your warm breath
on my neck
Moist kisses causing
my body to tingle
Your craggy smile
lifting me above
petty concerns
The heat of your
self-contained anger
doesn’t threaten me
Your wanderlust 
a constant
does
Your absence
present
in my imagination


Ellecee.



Inspired by Friday’s prompt
Just one last word - Imagination
Imaginary Garden with Real Toads


Hello, everyone, 
I’ve commented on each of your offerings but
the comments appear to be floating in cyberspace
Please know that I’ve enjoyed each and every one.

Merry Christmas



6 comments:

  1. Ohh... this seems hopeful, but maybe not... the wanderlust and absence a threat. Sigh.

    Merry Christmas back to you! Best wishes for the whole season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there are gremlins about in cyberspace. Many of us are having trouble commenting. I hope soon that absence becomes a presence. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling all warm and cuddly after reading your poem ~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is like riding a sea-saw. Mysterious and unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The threat of the absence makes it a bit stark

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yearning of needing someone who isn't there... for whatever reason, isn't easy.

    ReplyDelete