Monday, April 6, 2020

Annihilation

/lamanoblancadelaluna

Nu Shu



Sister, I am frightened. Comfort me in my remorse. My husband planted seeds in me that have not flourished. He now doubts my capacity to deliver his son. I am given an extention. Within this time I must fulfil my duty. If I do not, I will be cast away from all that is comfort to me, perhaps from life itself. Others show me no pity. I pray your knowledge of herbs will teach me to bear fruit. In gratitude I await your reply.

unfruitful woman
sown seeds withering within
annihilation


Ellecee 


Inspired by
imaginary garden with real toads - Speaking in another Voice
and
Skywriting - Others




7 comments:

  1. You have captured so well the oppression so many women have lived through. Wonderfully penned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is both heart-wrenching and beautiful, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautifully imagined and expressed. And sadly, I think there are still parts of the world....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly this has been the story for so many women around the world. It is unfortunate too that sometimes it is not the prospective mother at fault but the man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. I felt this pain deeply. Beautiful haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You not only captured the sense of oppression, time and place in your haibun, you have also captured my heart. I can feel the sadness and fear of this woman. The haiku is potent in its unfruitfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness....this is the voice of one living within oppression who fears she cannot be fruitful and thus her demise. Incredible voice you've projected here. So very real in its plaintive call.

    ReplyDelete