Thursday, April 30, 2020

Finali




The bush plane awaits
The tarmac is hot underfoot
I feel the heat through the
soles of my feet
A familiar scorch from
past lives
The breeze an insistent presence
a persistent touch
I’m excited
An adrenaline rush
reddens my cheeks
“There’s no turning back”
the commandant says
“Deaths are many, 
reprieves are few.
What have you got to say?”
I walk toward infinity
I don’t look back
“Don’t give up”
I say
“Don’t give up.”


Ellecee


Inspired by
imaginary garden with real toads - Bang, whimper, hiss
and
Skywriting - Deaths


Note to all: it has been a wonderful month. Thank you all so much for your comments and support. You are appreciated. And although I didn’t get to everyone with comments, I read and enjoyed you all❣️❣️🌹Until next year then 🙏

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that! Walking with you, not giving up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Don’t give up” is always a welcome encouragement. I gave up on a flight into the Grand Canyon once. We were offered a refund because of snow forecast and the fellow ahead, a Canadian pilot, did so. We followed suit. Years ago, I still have not given up on going though, in better weather.
    ..


    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give up- I love this so much! A most touching and beautiful write, Linda! Congratulations on an amazing month of poetry! We did it!🌈👏

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on completing the month of April. It has been a pleasure to read your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for peeking in on me today. Been missing you and your nice writes. I'm glad you did the 30, that was a trial wasn't it!!
    ..

    ReplyDelete