Saturday, April 11, 2020

So Be It



You play the clown
without joy or passion
you create this 
tall, sullen, melancholic man
to stand between us
Words don’t reach you
as if a void exists
instead of this monster
you’ve created for
your own
pitiful
indulgence

Does your helmet deflect 
my words as well?
Do you need armour
to approach me?

So be it
I walk away
and leave you
alone
with your
abject
 miseries


Ellecee


Inspired by
imaginary garden with real toads - Sci Fi movie posters
and
Skywriting - Sullen












5 comments:

  1. Wow! A powerful warning to the unfeeling persona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kerry...This is a sharp warning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The imagery is so strong here, Linda!💘 I love; "Do you need armour to approach me?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three cheers for this narrator and her decision!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What would it take to penetrate that armour, I wonder? Is it worth finding out? No, it’s better to walk away.

    ReplyDelete