Tuesday, April 18, 2023

BC Trees




Here

a metamorphosis

I am transformed
This forest
 becomes
my refuge
These trees
my shelter
This water
my transport
I live within
the silence
I know the language
I hear the voices
All life living here
knows me
Alone, I am never
alone,
All here 
sanction me,
allow me space
On calm days
the water rocks
my kayak,
awakens my muse
During storms
I hibernate
The bush
shelters me
my fire
warms me
I find peace


This forest 
my sanctuary
This water
my custodian

Ellecee


Day 18 - NAPOWRIMO 2023

Inspired by:


Ekphrastic Poetry 

BC Trees - E J Hughes


E J Hughes’ paintings and sketches are best known

 for their strong and appealing images of the landscape 

and seascape of British Columbia, Canada

Thank you, Terry, for showing me his work.




 



 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful work done, Linda! I resonate with; "I live within the silence/I know the language/I hear the voices/
    All life living here knows me/Alone, I am never alone,/
    All here sanction me, allow me space On calm days." Thank you so much for writing to the challenge!! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete