Monday, April 17, 2023

Starry Night - Vincent Van Gogh


I see myself standing on a hillside

overlooking a village subtly lit
by the beauty of the night sky
The millions of stars illuminated as
a swirling mixture of vivid
circulan blues, cambian and
lemon yellows, whites —
 a touch of mustard colours
a crescent moon.
Celestial bodies drift
into the flow,
The force that drives them
is tactile to me
My senses highten
Below this spiralling horizontal
plane, the village lies
nestled in a valley,
surrounded by bulbous trees,
and fortified by mountains
The church steeple rises high
in the sky, feigning an obelisk,
or so, it seems to me.
The more I watch the more
I am engulfed, 
I admit not knowing what
the artist, in his angst or joy,
 meant for me to see,
but would that I could join
the swirling flow,
the afterglow


Ellecee


 

Day 17 - NAPOWRIMO 2023

Inspired by:


Ekphrastic Poetry 

Starry Night - Vincent Van Gogh



 


1 comment:

  1. I am literally swooning right now ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete