Saturday, April 29, 2023

Change


 A Change is Gonna Come - written by Sam Cooke



A change is gonna come
Is it? 
Really.


You’ve been seeing things
have you? That make you
believe so.
Show me, I want to know
Oh we’re all hoping
God only knows 
But we tire of the politics,
sanguine metaphors, and no shows.
Language is changing, yes
it is,
Laws to tell you what to say,
not to say
Yes there is.
But there’s always been talking
Do you think new vocabulary
will change the vibe?
Have a look around
see any signs?
I want to see the changes
for the better
I really do
I’ve got babes in my family
the future matters to
Maybe they’ll be cause for change
God knows their trying
 to make a difference in this crazy world
that’s all lopsided 


You say a change is gonna come
Is it?
Really?

Ellecee



Day 29 - NaPoWriMo 2023

Inspired by:

Musical inspirations

Today: A Change is Gonna Come - written by Sam Cooke


 

No comments:

Post a Comment