Monday, April 10, 2023

Simple


 


“Would that it were so simple”
from: Hail Caesar! (2016)



“Come away with me”
He implored
“Come now, don’t wait
another day.
What holds you here
are burdens not
your own, causing sorrow,
loss of your life
Come away with me.
We will go where our only
companions will be
soft winds, sun, and ocean waves,
or if you will, let it be the
mountains, rising above
all agonies. 
In craggy cabins we will
shelter against any storm
Don’t turn away, look
into my eyes and see
my need for you
close to me
Our precious days lived lightly
 with passions held at bay
Our nights entwined in
lovers’ heat, that only
you and I can make”

My response is tempered 
by my strings, my sorrow,
my fate

“What dreams you dream 
on our account, what fantasies
you weave so beautifully.
But I am bound and you, you
are free, free”

“Come away with me,
let go the bonds, let be,
just come,
how much more simple 
could it be?”


Ellecee

Day 10 - NAPOWRIMO 2023


Inspired by:
Conversations
Quote - from Hail Caesar! (2016)


 


1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous, gorgeous writing!! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete