Friday, April 12, 2019

Happy Hour






Having a Guinness
thinking of him
wish he was here
and not just a whim

We'd get mellow
which a chat and a drink
he'd give me a peck
people would blink

Then with decorum
we'd continue our talk
Later on
we'd go for a walk

Over to my place 
it's not very far
we'd look at the moon
and perhaps see a star

On, damn, I'm rambling
lost in my dream
my heart filled with yearnings
a familiar scheme

Other patrons are smiling
and wishing me well
curious they are
this I can tell

I return their smiles
and continue to write
they'd never guess
this non-lover's plight

Longing for someone
who won't look  my way
impatiently waiting
for some future day

When we join together
with joy and with bliss
Nothing would ever
be better than this

So I savour my Guinness
and thinks he's a fool
He doesn't know what he's missing
now  that's just plain cruel



"Ellecee"



Inspired by today's prompt from
imaginary garden with real toads



10 comments:

  1. This makes me think of the song "Crush Story" by Too Much Joy. Thanks for writing to my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice rhymes in this. I am sure the patrons would stand you to another Guinness in sympathy if you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some dudes are slow on the uptake. LOL. Maybe he needs a sign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, patrons in my favorite café often see me scribbling furiously in my journal, maybe sub-vocalizing as I do, and I often wonder, later, what they must have been thinking, watching me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the easy flow of this. Day-dreaming's allowed...and yes, he doesn't know what he's missing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'None so blind as those who will not see.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, he does not know what he is missing! Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have one who never "saw me that way"... but I can say we were always friends, happy to see the other - he just never knew and after all these years I'm happy this way...

    ReplyDelete