Monday, April 29, 2019

Why ask?



Why ask the questions?
Am I ready to accept the answers?
What if I discover I’ve been wrong all along?
What if there is no respite in the end?
What if love is really a fantasy?
What if DNA is a lie?
Is it merely a construct built by engaging minds?
Can we really trace who we are?
Or are not?
Do we care?
Aren’t we all in “it” together anyway?



"Ellecee"



Inspired by today's prompt fromimaginary garden with real toads



A note:

I want to say to each and everyone I have shared this month of poetry with

Thank You!

Although I didn't manage 30 poems, I enjoyed sharing this time with you.

Your poetry inspires me 

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes I don't care one bit.
    Sometimes these questions keep me up at night.
    As Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes once said, "it's either mean or it's arbitrary, and either way, it gives me the creeps."

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are definitely in it together and in time we shall see just how much..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well. I believe the earth is flat and the sky is a big bowl over top of us. Maybe wait to ask me questions until zi have had my coffer and change my viewpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A concise set of questions that is well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we should ask questions but care less about answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, good questions, questioning questioning!
    There are many wise teachers who tell us to accept. But I don't know if that means never questioning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Questions asking questions...yes, how do we ever reach answers and if so does it matter?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find the stories I learn about my ancestors fascinating... the searching, the learning about places, and the crazy questions (and answers) I glean from the process. But does it really matter to who I am? Probably not.

    ReplyDelete