Friday, April 24, 2020

Thermals



Do thermals thrive
above the clouds?
To push me ever higher
that I might see the miracle 
below me?
Mountain tops
crusted with snow
Ancient as the earth’s
beginning
Water towers of the world
without them the earth 
would parch
A narrow window exists
as climate change threatens
sublimation
A calamity for humankind
but not mountains
Mountains in their majesty
defy extinction
Perhaps forever

Ellecee

Inspired by
imaginary garden with real toads - Wild woman - natural wonders
and
Skywriting - Narrow














5 comments:

  1. I am glad mountains will survive, at least. Such majestic presences. I love your poem which reflects their beauty - and the warning of melting snow that earth is warming too much and too quickly. Such an important message in your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A narrow window exists as climate change threatens sublimation,".. you give voice to timely and significant questions racing through everyone's minds. Powerful write!💘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I too am glad at the thought of mountains surviving. I've always loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh may the mountains always be there for us to look upon with wonder

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the image of ‘Mountain tops / crusted with snow / Ancient as the earth’s / beginning’ and the thought that they will be there ‘Perhaps forever’.

    ReplyDelete