Monday, April 27, 2020

Sit With Me

Free use

“See with your eyes! Listen with your ears! And if you wish to smell the fragrance, press for an explanation of every unresolved matter until your understanding is complete.“
Sen No Rikyu 




Come
sit with me
let’s talk
I see how upset 
you are
I sense 
indifference 
It seems only past
intimacies
hold us together
I know that
can’t be
true
I know you
I want to fix
this
This thing
This unresolved
thing
This bad seed
germinating
Let’s blow
our combined breath
upon it
as we would
cool our tea
Let this gulf
dissolve 
as the steam rising
from our cups
Come
sit with me
let’s
talk





Ellecee




Inspired by
and
Skywriting - intimacies











6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I resonate with; "Let this gulf dissolve as the steam rising from our cups."💝💝

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely poem. Sometimes, it's all we need to do, to sit and talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing better than sharing a cup of tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love this! Let's clear the air with tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the invitational tone, Linda, and the offer of comfort. I love the lines:
    ‘Let’s blow
    our combined breath
    upon it
    as we would
    cool our tea’.
    There’s nothing like a heart to heart over a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete