Monday, April 13, 2020

Voices



 I lie awake as
voices disappear
into the ether
Not a breath remains
only the memory
A dreadful torrent
of creeping insects
insidiously advancing
across my cerebral plane
I rise to rediscover anger
The dead corpses of past affairs
alter the flow of ink
from my reluctant pen
impelling evanescent magic
to live on parchment
Disinclined
to fade away


Ellecee

Inspired by
13 is Poetry - 13 words chosen from
Diane Setterfield’s The 13th Tale
To celebrate metaphor
(My words: disappear, lives, breath,memory,dreadful,rediscover)
(anger,alter,corpses,ink,magic,pass,away)
and
Skywriting - lie 






7 comments:

  1. "dead corpses of past affairs" Love that! We do seem to resurrect dead love and spin it into life again through ink... Ink and pen resurrections are often gothic poetry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dead corpses of past affairs... what a powerful metaphor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with Susie and Bjorn, "dead corpses of past affairs" just sticks... and keeps going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The image of those insects is powerful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a strong write! Like others I too am struck by the image of "The dead corpses of past affairs,".. wow!!!💝

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The dead corpses of past affairs
    alter the flow of ink
    from my reluctant pen
    impelling evanescent magic"

    All this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my......the dead corpses of long gone affairs living on by the power of the pen.

    ReplyDelete