Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Invisible


Where am I?
Buried under the lichen
on a rocky shore?
A cushion for your feet
as you contemplate
the ocean’s waves?

Perhaps a honey bee
in the roses you’ve carried
Whose  nectar I long
to taste 
and my need to breath
within the roses
the scent of you

 More likely a pebble
thrown across 
a glassy lake
You laughing as
it skips and slips
beneath the surface

Might I be a spirit?
Inhabiting your
golden retriever
Your stroke calming
my embittered heart

No
I’m invisible to you
No amount of metaphors
will make me real
No amount of tears will wash 
indifference
away


Ellecee

Inspired by:
and
Skywriting  - strike/stroke











7 comments:

  1. "More likely a pebble
    thrown across
    a glassy lake
    You laughing as
    it skips and slips
    beneath the surface,"

    Wowww! This is absolutely splendid in its portrayal of invisibility, Linda!! 💝

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a perfect poem of invisible...Your ending is powerful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Ellecee. We are invisible in most any way another can imagine. Your honeybee, it may have bitten me yesterday on our walk. I have a quarter sized round black and blue spot on my hand and a little welt at five o'clock.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the wistful stanzas are turned upside down by the final one, that comes like a sucker punch. Indifference is so hard to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The final lines really convey the emotion of the one abandoned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those closinbg lines are so poignant. Terrible to feel invisible to someone. You have captured this well.

    ReplyDelete