Wednesday, April 26, 2023

My Surrender


 Chrissie Hynde wrote this with Tom Kelly and Billy Steinberg, 

This poem is in response


My Surrender


I can’t believe you love me
The reason that I cry
I’m afraid to have you hold me
 In case I have to let you go
I have nothing to confess, unless,
I love you, I love you
No one ever cared, no one
ever said the kind of words you say
I have nothing to hide, unless,
I love you, I love you
I want to give in
Oh but I do
I want you to come along
and walk a mile with me
And so, just you and me,
I’d never be alone
No one’s ever said they’d
guard  me, keep me from
harm’s way,
No one’s ever said, the kind
of words you say
I want to give in,
Oh but I do
Will you take my hand
I want to give in
Because I love you,
I love you


Ellecee



Day 26 - NaPoWriMo 2023

Inspired by:

Musical Inspirations

Today: I’ll Stand By You /Chrissie Hynde,Tom Kelly and Billy Steinberg, 



2 comments:

  1. Oh my heart this is incredibly moving, Ellecee!! Wow!! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete