Tuesday, April 21, 2020

A Parable

‘
 Ah, you have found me
Linger and listen
So few pass this way
and when they do
they don’t look up
and when they do
they don’t see
Wait, wait, I know you see
Linger and listen
Hearken to a parable
of me


I was a skilful hunter
ensconced in a tree blind,
a doe and her fawn
appearing below me
Although against many laws
secular and sacred
I took aim and shot
A great gust spun me ‘round
Momentarily mesmerized I
awaken
solidified
My head this bulbous bulb
My body to forever be
locked within this tree
Pity me



Ellecee

Inspired by
imaginary garden with real toads - Tree Mythology
and
Skywriting - Parable








5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely mesmerizing, Linda!!❤️ I love; "Hearken to a parable of me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...when they do, they dont look up...." That is so true! I love this story, and am glad he was morphed into a tree before he could do harm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this speaks so well of all we miss when we don't listen or look up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the voice of your tree, Linda, a lonely storyteller waiting for passers-by to look up and see! I like the sudden metamorphosis of the hunter who took aim against laws both secular and sacred. I think he learned his lesson.

    ReplyDelete