Tuesday, April 21, 2020

A Parable

 Ah, you have found me
Linger and listen
So few pass this way
and when they do
they don’t look up
and when they do
they don’t see
Wait, wait, I know you see
Linger and listen
Hearken to a parable
of me


I was a skilful hunter
ensconced in a tree blind,
a doe and her fawn
appearing below me
Although against many laws
secular and sacred
I took aim and shot
A great gust spun me ‘round
Momentarily mesmerized I
awaken
solidified
My head this bulbous bulb
My body to forever be
locked within this tree
Pity me



Ellecee

Inspired by
imaginary garden with real toads - Tree Mythology
and
Skywriting - Parable








5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely mesmerizing, Linda!!❤️ I love; "Hearken to a parable of me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...when they do, they dont look up...." That is so true! I love this story, and am glad he was morphed into a tree before he could do harm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this speaks so well of all we miss when we don't listen or look up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the voice of your tree, Linda, a lonely storyteller waiting for passers-by to look up and see! I like the sudden metamorphosis of the hunter who took aim against laws both secular and sacred. I think he learned his lesson.

    ReplyDelete